Board Adopts Changes to Bylaws Regarding Emeritus Status
The PCBL Board has now adopted, among others, a Bylaw change to include Emeritus status as a new category of membership. The proposed Bylaws changes were approved at the June 7, 2013 Board meeting, were posted for review, and adopted at the Annual Meeting on October 20, 2013.
1. Emeritus status is intended to be honorary with no required responsibilities.
2. The person may attend Board meetings as a non-voting member.
3. The status confers life- time membership and freedom from payment of annual dues.
4. Nomination will be made in writing to the Nominating Committee who makes a recommendation to the Board.
5. The Board votes to approve and notifies the recipient.
6. A resolution adopted by the Board on June 7 explains the details of the process.
HCS posted 10/23/2013
PCBL is an organization of advocates that speaks for libraries throughout Pennsylvania. Membership is open to anyone who wants to see strong and well-funded libraries, and the best possible library service for all of Pennsylvania's citizens. That includes librarians, trustees of libraries, government officials and friends of libraries, as well as the lay citizen-user of libraries.
Members are kept up to date on legislative information and actions as they pertain to Pennsylvania libraries; have opportunities to attend library advocacy and library fundraising workshops; and receive information about events, programs, and issues of interest to library advocates.
For the latest news about the recently passed Library Code legislation, SB1225, click here. (10/24/2012)
Did You Know...?
We can make it easy to achieve 501 (c)3 nonprofit status. If you've been through it before, you know completing a 990 Form is NOT a simple task. It's hard. It's time consuming. And it's a real struggle for small organizations.
But you don't need to bear that burden. One of the greatest benefits offered by PCBL is an Affiliate Membership. Your group can become a 501 (c)3 nonprofit without the workload by joining under our umbrella.
Persuade public officials that libraries are essential community services
Collaborate with other library associations, agencies and community groups
Be a voice for improved library funding and appropriate legislation
Lead efforts to encourage, train and support library Friends