Affiliate Membership Information
The cost of an Affiliate Membership is $125. Below is brief information on the services offered by the PCBL to and on behalf of its Members. Affiliated Members enjoy the first-bulleted benefit especially.
- There is an IRS 501(c)(3) umbrella tax exemption for “affiliate” members, with special focus on the annual filing of the group IRS 990 for all affiliates.
- Publishing the Connection newsletter biannually
- Being a coordinated and respected advocacy voice for public libraries in Pennsylvania
- Co-sponsorship of the annual Institute for Trustees and Friends
- Hosting an annual Awards ceremony to celebrate excellence in support of public libraries
Read more in our detailed Article on Affiliate Membership Benefits, then visit our Tax Exempt page for information and forms related to tax benefits.
2012 Listing of PCBL Affiliate Members
A Letter from Al Kamper, Membership Chair
The past few years have been particularly difficult for public libraries in the State. State budget cuts as well as reductions in access to databases and other statewide services have impacted all libraries in the State, regardless of size.
It has been a hectic and busy time for library supporters. We thank you for your support during this difficult period.
Now is the time to get ready for 2012 and part of that preparation is renewing your PCBL membership so that we can continue our work in library advocacy.
Please take time now to renew your membership for 2012.
PCBL plays a number of roles in library advocacy:
- PCBL works with, and assists in the training of, Friends, trustees, and library staff.
- PCBL presents annual awards to outstanding supporters of libraries.
- PCBL seizes all opportunities to provide continuing education activities for its members, whether through cooperation with Commonwealth Libraries or PaLA, or simply providing speakers for your regular Friends meetings.
- PCBL members participate in both State and Federal legislative action affecting libraries.
- PCBL has committed to working towards a long-range goal of securing a dedicated funding source for public libraries.
- As a member of PCBL, you will continue to receive our newsletter, PCBL Connection, either online or by mail, and have access to our online forum and listserv.
PCBL needs your commitment, your voice, and your support.
Please Renew Your Membership Now. Download Membership Application
Al Kamper Membership Chair