Affiliate Membership Information
The cost of an Affiliate Membership is $125. Below is brief information on the services offered by the PCBL to and on behalf of its Members. Affiliated Members enjoy the first-bulleted benefit especially.
- There is an IRS 501(c)(3) umbrella tax exemption for “affiliate” members, with special focus on the annual filing of the group IRS 990 for all affiliates.
- Friends news is posted on the website
- Being a coordinated and respected advocacy voice for public libraries in Pennsylvania
- Hosting an annual Awards ceremony to celebrate excellence in support of public libraries
Read more in our detailed Article on Affiliate Membership Benefits, then visit our Tax Exempt page for information and forms related to tax benefits.
2016 Listing of PCBL Affiliate Members (as of 11/30/2016)
A Letter from Al Kamper, Membership Chair
Thank you for your support again in this critical budget year. The State budget for 2016-2017 provides for level funding for state aid to the public libraries throughout the State. Unfortunately the cost to operate a library continues to increase. Fortunately, Friends and Friends Groups have stepped up to the plate and helped the libraries through another year. Advocacy efforts of PCBL, its members, and public libraries must continue throughout the year.
PCBL held its third successful Friends Institute this October. More than 250 Friends attended the three day-long Institutes. These Institutes have been a major effort by PCBL to continue to educate and inform Friends about a wide range of topics. Your membership helps tremendously to support these programs. If you could not attend any of these, please plan to attend this year. Details will be announced in the Spring of 2017.
PCBL needs your continued support for its advocacy and continuing education efforts. We thank you for your past support in these efforts. Now is the time to get ready for 2017 and part of that preparation is renewing your PCBL membership so that we can continue our work in library advocacy and assisting Friends Groups.
Please take time now to renew your membership for 2017.
PCBL plays a number of roles in library advocacy and Friends education:
- PCBL works with, and assists in the training of, Friends, trustees, and library staff.
- PCBL presents annual awards to outstanding supporters of libraries.
- PCBL provides continuing education opportunities for its members through sponsoring the Friends Institute or simply providing speakers for your regular Friends meetings.
- PCBL members participate in State and Federal legislative actions affecting libraries.
Communications among Friends is critical and important. Please provide your email address so that we can communicate with you.
The PCBL-Forum is our listserv and provides an opportunity for members to network about issues and concerns. You are automatically put on the listserv as a member unless you check the block on the application indicating you wish not to participate. You can use this listserv to write to other members about issues of concern to you and to see concerns of other members.
Equally important is our website (www.pcblpa.org
). The site is complete with information on membership benefits, award annuals, how you can contact us, and other PCBL activities. Check this website often for updates about PCBL and other happenings in the state.
PCBL needs your commitment, your voice, and your support.
Please Renew Your Membership Now