Pennsylvania Citizens for Better Libraries
2015 Friends Institute
“Friends Make a Difference”
Saturday, October 24, 2015
Grantville Holiday Inn
Dear PCBL Member,
PCBL is proud to announce its second Annual Friends Institute to be held this Fall.
The day will start with a keynote address by Cathi Alloway, Director, Schlow Centre Region Library. She will address the importance of Friends Groups and give us all tips on how to do successful fundraising.
There will be six concurrent sessions dealing with a wide variety of topics:
· How to handle the books and other material leftover from your book sale: book dealers, give to non-profit organizations, sell online, etc.
· How to manage your financial record keeping throughout the year to make year-end reporting easier
· When and where to charge sales tax: book sales or items sold by the Friends or Library
· How to apply for a Small Games of Chance license and conduct a fundraiser
· How to recruit, retain, or revitalize your Friends Group
· The importance of PA Forward and what it means to your Friends Group
· Legal issues that your Friends Group, as a non-profit organization, needs to consider
This is a wonderful chance to meet other Friends, network with them, and share problems and ideas.
The complete agenda and registration form is available at this link. Registration Form alone available at this link.
See you at the Institute!!
Photos from the most recent Friends Institute held on Saturday, October 25, 2014 are now available at this link.